To obtain the Certified ETF Advisor (CETF®) designation, candidates must pass an examination demonstrating competence in a variety of ETF topics including:
- ETF creation/redemption process.
- Advantages and disadvantages of ETFs.
- Nuances of various ETF structures (Open-End Fund, UIT, Grantor Trust, etc).
- Futures-based, leveraged, and inverse ETFs.
- Best ETF trading practices.
This comprehensive exam is conducted online through The ETF Institute website and includes 100 multiple choice questions. Candidates are given two hours to successfully complete the exam and a passing score of 70% is required to earn the Certified ETF Advisor (CETF®) designation.
Below are specifics regarding the examination:
- The exam will be conducted online.
- The exam must be completed in one sitting.
- Candidates will receive their examination score immediately upon completion of the exam.
- You will be able to download a certificate upon passing the exam.
- Candidates who receive less than a passing score are required to wait 30 days before re-taking the examination. No fee is charged to retake the exam, though membership must be current.
© 2018 The ETF Institute, Inc. All rights reserved.